How does it work?
Wanting to order a cake and no idea how? Let us make it easy! Fill in the enquiry form HERE as much as you can, and we’ll take it from there! The more notice the better – you can never enquire too early.
What can we expect when ordering?
Fun, we hope! And anticipation of a delicious cake.
A basic timeline of events for placing an order with us – you make your enquiry, we’ll send through some quote options and/or ask any questions we need to, once you’ve agreed to a size and price we’ll send through an invoice with all the payment (bank transfer or paypal) details and a breakdown of your order. 20% non refundable deposit is required to secure your order; remaining payment must be made no later than one week before your order is due. On the day of your order, you pick up (or we deliver) your delicious centrepiece! Enjoy.
What does it cost?
Because our cakes are all so different and unique (not to mention all different sizes!) we don’t have a standard pricing list. What we can tell you is that our celebration cakes start from $120 +GST, and wedding cakes from $350 +GST. Our quotes are obligation free, so if you’d like a more specific idea just fill in the enquiry form HERE
Where can we find you?
We work out of a fully registered kitchen in a residential area of weird and windy Johnsonville. When ordering a cake, attending a class or coming along for a consultation the address will be provided. All visits are by appointment only, because we live upstairs and you might catch Becs in her onesie pajamas
Are cakes delivered or do we pick up?
We deliver all wedding cakes within the Wellington region and set them up for you on the day (leave it to the pros!), all other cake orders can either be picked up from the Johnsonville studio at an agreed time, or delivered within Wellington for a fee. Make sure you let us know if you have a specific pick up or delivery time when ordering.
Can we pick up our own Wedding cake?
We recommend you let us deliver your wedding cake for you – we know the wedding venues in and around Wellington, and have a car specifically set up to deliver safely. If you prefer to pick up your own cake or arrange for a friend or family member to do so, please note that we take no responsibility for any damage that may occur as a result of transport, and a fee will apply should we need to come out to the venue to make any fixes.
Do you cater for allergies?
We have a variety of Gluten free, dairy free, egg free and nut free cakes available for orders, but please note that we do not work in an allergy free kitchen. We will take the utmost care with your particular order (and have separate equipment for GF cake preparation) but our kitchen does work with gluten, eggs, dairy and nuts on a regular basis. Please let us know if your allergy needs are extreme. Have only a few allergy-conscious guests? We suggest allergy-free cupcakes on the side, separately boxed to the main cake.
Do you make adult themed cakes?
Yes we do! We just don’t share them on social media for the sake of our younger fans. But don’t be shy, we’ve heard your blush-worthy questions about chocolate hail and creamy buttercream before
Terms and Conditions
Invoicing and payment
By paying your deposit you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions.
• A 20% non refundable deposit is required to confirm your order. The remaining 80% must be paid no later than 7 days prior to your order being ready.
• 20% deposits for all orders are non refundable, no exception. For weddings placing a standard $100 booking fee before confirming the cost of their order, this $100 fee is non refundable.
• If making a last minute order (within two weeks) full payment must be made immediately to confirm, either via Paypal or with proof of payment from bank transfer.
• All payment made on last minute cakes (within two weeks) is non refundable.
• Cancellation in part or full of any cakes booked during wedding season (1 November - 31 March) within 3 months are not eligible for refund. Cakes cancelled with over 3 months notice or outside of these dates may be eligible for a partial refund at the full discretion of Stiletto Studio Cakes.
• Any cancellation within 14 days of an order is non refundable.
• Any private event bookings including Tastings are not eligible for a refund. If you are unable to make your tasting event you are entitled to change to an alternative date provided a minimum of one weeks notice is given.
• Should the worst occur and the cake artist be too unwell or unavailable to make your cake at the last minute, you will be fully refunded and/or we will endeavour to find another cake artist to take over your order if need be.
• We take no responsibility for any damage that may occur to your order once it is in your possession. All our cakes have been constructed as soundly and securely as possible, and we will do our best to make you aware of how to make any minor fixes and/or how to transport and store it safely. Should an accident occur, we may be able to help for a fee, and depending on time availability.
• Due to the nature of the Stiletto Studio kitchen we cannot guarantee that your cake will not come into contact with nuts, milk products, or any other allergens. If you have a specific allergy, please advise us in advance.
• Whilst every care is taken to ensure your final product is exactly what you expected, sometimes due to weather, available product & time allowed, minor changes may be made. Should this happen, we will try our best to notify you in advance. By paying your deposit and agreeing to your cake, you are allowing us creative licence in creating the best looking cake we can provide for you under the circumstances.
• Classes can be cancelled if less than the minimum number of students are available. We will try to give as much notice as possible
• If your class is cancelled, the value paid for the class can be transferred to an alternative date, or used towards an alternative class. If no alternative date or class can be provided by us, you are entitled to a refund.
• If you cancel a class within 2 weeks of the date, you are not entitled to a refund.
• All classes must be paid in full to confirm booking.
• If you are no longer able to attend a class and can only notify us at the last minute, you are entitled to a refund only if you or we are able to find someone to take your place.